Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Last 18 months

So, the posting here has become an annual affair. Much like the New Year eve parties. Or Birthdays. Or World Cup. No wait, that is a quadrennial event, sorry.

Cannot help it. It is a long day of writing and editing, translating into longer months and year of the same - making it a task in futility to give the consideration of writing on this blog a thought.

So, it is that time of the life again, when things usually wrong. At least the history tells me they do. In at least three of the previous five World Cups, they have, in their own proportions not held out too well for me and I have my proverbial finger crossed for this one.

Incidentally, it is more than 18 months since I got rid of the software tag from under my Current Employer tab on Facebook, and the new 'profession' has been a roller-coaster ride - inevitable highs and lows but with a promise of giving you a lovable dizziness overall.

Yes, I cannot be sure of the future and well, some may argue that nobody can. But the thrill-a-minute of the ride that I have undergone in the last 18 months or so can be barely described in words. Try as much as I can but I cannot explain how blessed I feel to be doing what I would have given a hand and a leg to do. What adds the cherry is that I did not have to give away that hand and leg!

There were a few, hard lessons that I learnt on the way. Lessons I would have probably never learnt otherwise and lessons which continuing to remain hard even as I write. They serve me a reminder on the fact that it is imperative to not take things for granted - not for a minute, not for a moment.

There are many things that I still need to achieve in the short term - usually I don't do anything long term - and one of them is to go really 'independent', doing what I am doing. Earning a monthly salary can be done in three ways - working for your company, working for yourself or making others work for you (and not in any perverse way). I belong to somewhere between the first and the second option, tending more towards the second. The aim is to achieve the second one completely and then start thinking of the third.

So, that is that for now. Sorry about not being able to give out any movie reviews this time because frankly, haven't watched something as bad as 'What's Your Raashee'

No comments: