Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Week that was...!

It has been quite a while since I posted here, and that is for a reason. For one, I was...and am having the time of my life, and for another, the time of the life was consuming a lot of time too. :-)

In fact, I wanted to write a post for sometime now, but was not getting the right opportunity. A couple of days back, I had written a post about something totally unexpected that happened with a friend, but did not post it immediately, simply because I wanted to let the 'anger' subside. After that happened, I decided not to, there was no point.

Even before that, I had got out of the house after a long time to meet another friend, and wanted to post about that good time - minus the blaring music - at Red Box, but, she had not sent (this one is for that lady who points out my spelling of sent!) the photographs that I wanted to put up, and so could not write much.

Now that I have recieved the pics, I can. So, the last Sunday, I met N, at Red Box, a restaurant I usually recommend to peoplewhen they ask me about good places in Bandra. I must say that it was a major let down, the music was as loud as one gets in a discotheque, making it virtually impossible to talk, the whole purpose of meeting someone after almost half an year.

Although, I must add that the food was nice, and the overall meet nicer. It was worth reliving some of the old school days - she is like an almost 15 year old friend - and some of the things that could have been differently in each of our lives, and some that were just right.



Apart from that, one other good happened in the past week. My computer guy extracted old data from my old hard drive, and transferred it to my lappy. And that consisted of around 3 GB of songs. Some cheesy, corny enough to make one's head spin, some not even worth mentioning here, but all of them strong enough to evoke a huge sense of nostalgia difficult to overcome. Alright, I can mention a couple of 'em, Ace of Base's 'Its a beautiful life' and Vikas Bhalla's Dhuan. There are 100 others...and currently, I am in the process of hearing them out.

It is fun.

In fact, the week's been fun! In more ways than one.

Now that is a good rhyme.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhh haa!! smeone did have a good good time being angry and happy :)) all in the same week!

ko have a gooodddd time u :))

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

Good to hear you had a fun week.

Here at your blog for the first time. Interesting blog u've got! :)

Suneer said...

@Veenay: Anger lasted a day...Happiness for 6 :-)...kaam shaam bahut chalra hai haan!

@Shalini: Welcome here :-) You seem to have a whole huge list of blogs, any recos. on which one should I start with?