Thursday, February 14, 2008

Chandigarh Diary - III

6th Feb, 2008:
Hotel Room:
Lucky me. The room that was bathed in cold and mist yester-night is much warmer. The mist was outside the room, and the effects were seen inside. Today, however, the realization dawned upon me that the AC can double up as a heater as well. Atleast the one in my room. So, it is much more comfortable. I can type more easily than yesterday for starters. Rather, I can type. I couldn’t do so in the room before this.

The telly is on. Showing cricket. Some cricket. When it was suggested to me that there would be occasions like these, or the one yesterday, when I would be left alone – genuine reasons I must add – I was confident of being able to manage ‘em. Simply asked for a television in my room. After that, I knew there would be cricket played in some part of the world that would be televised, lived or otherwise. And so, I would have no problems.

Precisely what’s happened. Dominica’s playing Barbados in a T20 match. They are playing with bats that are black in colour. Anyways, life’s good.

Outside, the cold’s biting though. It had rained in the morning. In fact, it more than rained. There were pieces of ice that fell, don’t quite know what it’s called in English, they call it ‘Oaley’

Feeling rather sleepy now. Recovering from some sleepless nights. Train journeys, newer pillows and bad beds have all had their say. I have been quiet.

Ciao.

P.S. Inside sources say that Oaley is the same as Hail. Another one for my limited knowledge of weather outside Mumbai.

No comments: