Friday, November 16, 2007

Updates...and more!

As one would have noticed, the gaps, in terms of days between two articles are not as little as they were earlier. And that s for a reason. Not because I got that ever-so-famous writers' block. In fact writing is one of the reasons for the prolonged absence.

First of all, my first article's got published in a cricket magazine, Cricket Today, and it really feels good. Then again, there are miles to go before I sleep. Or rather, many deliveries to be bowled before the umpire calls it over.

The second piece of good news is obviously from M&M, but there is a story developing there as well, which I would post soon. Need to get certain things out of my way first. There are a couple of other things brewing as well, but given the paucity of clarity, I would get to them soon. Here itself (that's like they say, watch this space for more, it already seems like I am getting into marketing rather subconsciously!)

And now I also need to make a special mention of a dear friend, who's sms goes like this:

"Hey Sexy! Hope u had a BLAST in Diwali. Was bz with family and so couldnt wish u, but haven't forgotten u:-) Best wishes to u and ur family :-) Heard the good news, congrats :-) As for people who see the glass 10% empty, dont fret too much about them. Send them to me ;-)"

If you missed it, that is exactly, four emoticons in one sms. Yeah, this ain't a chat, but an sms that was sent to me. FOUR emoticons in one, and surprisingly only one exclaimation. And people who know him, would have guessed by now, who is he.

Deven, who else.

Unfortunately, I cannot share some of the e-mails that he's sent me, but I can assure you, that the count would then have been about the number of words in a sentence of exclaimations, and smilies and the rest. So you may end up saying that there were four words in that sentence full of smilies and winkies.

Sorry Deven, couldn't let that one go ;-)

Well, the placement season begins in....well don't know how much time from now. Actually noone knows. So I could be pardoned for that. But hell, I should be free to watch India play the Aussies and the Lankans in the tri nation tournament in Oz.

That is it from my side, should be back with more, till then keep reading my columns on
www.isport.in

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehehehehe.....trust YOU to come with that post :-)At last I get mentioned by SUM1 in a blog....WITH my name ! Was as much a surprise for me (and a pleasant one at that!) as U receiving an SMS containing FOUR emoticons for YOU ! ;-)

GREAT to hear you out today...take care mate !!!


DEVEN
:-)