Saturday, December 22, 2007

lectures + ppts + assignments + dance + housie = life's good!

I am tired. Exhausted to the hilt. The bones ache.

But the mind's fresh and alert. And the life's awesome. It is better than good. At least.

The day begin with the carryover of last night's cricket quiz, was as awake as an owl at dawn, finished it off quickly, gulped the glass of warm water (yeah, bad cold and all that!), and rushed out to get into class before 9.

Third consecutive day I have had to reach college so early. A record for this trimester, three days in a row. Almost feel like raising my bat to the crowd after having scored three tons in three successive matches. Or as if I have just bowled the bowling spell of my life and taken a hat trick. But anyways, they say life ain't cricket, and vice versa, and that, in essence, gives me the chance to move on to what really happened today.

Reached college, bleary eyed due to the insomnaic me, living out of just 3 to 4 hours of sleep - and with the Aussie matches starting at 5 in the morning, God save my soul. I wont comment on the lecture too much, because, people who were already there, know what happened, and people who weren't, don't need to. Basically nothing. Or at least nothing much.

1230 was a break, but only turned out to be a figment of my imagination. Had to finish off my presentation, and needed to make a submission, to a cricket editor. So, that gobbled up most of the time, reducing the lunch break to a mere 45 minutes. Which is still 5 more than what the Indian team gets between innings. Hurried my thoughts and sat through the next lecture, on Infotech Marketing.

A Guest Lecture. Attended by 11 of us. Yeah, I counted, found it difficult counting, because my hands have only ten fingers. had to use the neighbour's pencil for 11. And then a presentation, followed by another Guest lecture, this time on Ethics in Knowledge Management.

Moral that we got from that lecture: Don't stick your pics up Orkut. Even if you feel the urge, put someone else's. Paris Hilton would be just fine. That is, if you are a woman. And if you are a man? Probably Mahendra Singh Dhoni for guys. He is famous.

But then back to the library, back to another assignment. This time - as always - the assn. did NOT make any sense to me. Anyways, finished it off. And then danced.

Yeah, we dance in all possible places, us Mumbaikars. Paucity of place you see. So if discotheques are full and brimming and expensive, we dance in pubs. In autorickshaws. And in college quads. And we disguise it under the name of playing Housie. The botomline was...is...that it was fun. And it was more fun in college than many of the preceding days spent there. Till it got almost spoilt...but naaah, I wont talk about that. They say it pays to focus on the good things. I may be getting a pay cheque soon.

Came back, and was off to another assignment/ppt. before I decided that it is time for me to pen this down. Using my keyboard. Paradox there.

So that was that. Eye lids are almost exhorting me to allow them to meet the outer surface of my eyes, like a paramour wishes to meet his girl. God knows where did that example come from. But yeah, that's the point. Need to listen to the paramour. Or whatever the covering on my eyes is called.

Basically I am sleepy. Making no sense this time.

Night.

No comments: