Friday, September 21, 2007

How to get THE ticket?

Wankhede hosts the seventh ODI between India and Australia on 17th October.

Some have approached me on the ways to get hold of a ticket or two. One even had the audacity to ask whether I could arrange for 10 tickets for him. Well...I asked him whether I could get the role in the next Mission Impossible movie.

Anyways, here is where I explain how to get tickets for such matches.

In the end, I wish the thing was as simple as knowing the process.

But let me attempt it anyways.

1. Get to Wankhede 3 days before the match (or whenever they say they will start selling tkts), the window opens at 9.30 am. Make sure you reach there by 9.30.

P.M.

The previous day.

Else, forget it. Make sure, that you got some good litres of water, do-waqt ki roti, and some real hard cash. You dont want to stand in the queue for 12 hours, and then have a hundred less, ain't it?

2. Stand around from the time they start selling the tkts. Don't look too much like a policeman in plain clothes. Catch hold of a tout. You may (MAY) just get a 500 Rs. ticket for 1500. Also remember, the later u go, the costlier the ticket gets. The early bird gets the worm...for around 1500 bucks. Exponential rise in tickets, especially if it is India-Australia.

3. Get hold of a contact, who's contact would give u a ticket. Last India-SA match (that Dravid won for us), I got hold of a ticket from Ramakant Achrekar (yeah, Tendulkar's coach), and I got the ticket for 2000 bucks. A tkt worth 750 bucks for 2000.

4. Pray. Pray that India trails 6-0 in the series, someone may just be too pessimistic to get inside. And then hope that that someone remembers you enough to 'sell' the ticket to u. Let me tell u, for an India Bangladesh match, held in the humid month of May, when Bangladesh had got out for less than 150, and Tendulkar got out early, people left the stadium, and still managed to sell the tickets for the actual Cost Price. So...dont bank too much on this way of going about it. But pray nevertheless. Praying, I heard is thereuptic as well.

5. Abduct someone who claims he/she's got a ticket or two. In fact abduct his/her gf/bf. Make sure, you are able to "extradite"(whatever that means) the ticket out of him/her. Apologise later, saying you heard it was Tendulkar's Last ODI and you are his biggest fan.

Any other methods, please let me know. Better still if you get a ticket, spare one for me. Make that two, I don't mind.

No comments: