Friday, September 28, 2007

Murphy...oh Murphy!

Murphy: I tol' ya so. Didn't I?

Me: I thought that was fiction.

Mu: My Laws ain't fiction mate.

Me (grimace on face): Yeah, I know now. Anyways, I could NOT have done anything to prevent it.

Mu: That is what you think! Anyways, you became the 4,26,55,812th man on earth to prove the law, if that makes you feel better.

Me: And women? How many women have proved this law?

Mu: You pulling my leg eh?

Me: You still have't answered my question? How many women? And to which demographics do they belong to?

Mu: Huh?

Me: Can we actually end up doing a factor analysis on the men and women that we get to find the factors that cause people to get you right? Probably, once that is done, we could also use cluster analysis to segment the market into various portions? Say, people who have proved the law and are fuming right now, people who proved it and want to murder it's maker, people who have proved it and are thanking their stars to scrape through...You know, the basics.

Mu: But....you....huh?

Me: See, once that is done, and we also have a profile of all the people, we could use Discriminant Analysis to decide whether such an occurence could happen to someone new, say my dog wants to try to prove the law, what are his chances? Do we have the data though?

Mu:...............

Me: Murphy? Mr. Murphy? You there?

Mr. Murphy seems surprisingly quiet now. He seems to be pondering. No more 'I-am-the-professor-you-the-student' air about him. Maybe now, he would change his preachings. Or maybe not. Who knows.

For now, he has shut up.

Better, for me.

After the last 3 days, I have had two options. One was to shoot the man. I have taken the other option, begun to respect Mr. Murphy more, from the bottom of my heart. I hate his laws though. Bottom of my heart again. Especially when I am at the butt of it's implications.

1 comment:

A said...

:-)Be happy for things are in better shape now...