Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Uncle Sam bhaiyya...

Ouch! Pain returns. I feel the twinge too.

But with pain, comes an opportunity. It surely does. It surely has.

I can now invest the rest of the money in the market. Whatever remains of my savings from Mastek. And Siemens. Most of it is gone in this MBA, but I can say it wasn't spent - read wasted - on 'extracurricular activities', if you know what you mean.

But getting back to the market, I have developed a sense of resentment for Uncle Sam. Anything that affects Uncle, affects us. In that resentment, there is a sense of respect - and I know this may trigger off a sense, about feeling inferior to the goras, but the fact is, for years now, that has been the truth. A minor blip of recession in that market has meant an amplified waveform of trouble everywhere across.


Which is not to say that US has no problems of its own, it may have some more than most of the other countries. And yet, it surviving, alive and kicking. And kicking real hard. It aint crumbling, it aint facing no crisis that it can't handle.

Hmmm...probably it is only that I am too overcome with lack of slumber, coupled with the reduction of my portfolio to 3/4ths of what it could have been, had I sold off three days back.

But then, it wouldn't have been a portfolio had I sold off, would it?


The fall of May 2006

No comments: