Thursday, April 19, 2007

ERP...Tendulkar's Birthday...and all that

Four done. Two bigwigs out of the way. Just five more, beginning tomorrow’s ERP. Or, “beyond” ERP as the joke goes. The obsession with the word is so high that it rivals the sizzling sound of “ssssssss….” that some think is the highlight of NMIMS. So high, that, as I scroll through my GTalk List, I see most of my classmates, with awesome, one line, Punny statements with the word “Beyond” very much a part.

Why the obsession, is beyond me…!

Incidentally, 24th April, the day my exams get done, is also the Birthday of the maestro Sachin Tendulkar. Now, for all the team pasting that it received in West Indies, it would be loads of fun to read/watch the news on 24th April. Or probably 25th April. I can already visualize the Headlines.
“Tendulkar cuts cake on his 34th Birthday with a Kolhapuri Knife”
It may further go on like this…”Tendulkar cut his 5.8 kg weighing birthday Cake with a sharp shining Kolhapuri Knife, weighing 500 grams, brought to him in a silver tray that had a diameter of 7 inches.” On the other hand, another debate would begin. Former Cricketers and common man asked his opinion about Tendulkar’s impending retirement. “So, do you think that the time is right for Tendulkar to announce his retirement?” Oh, we all have been thinking that time was right since he probably made his debut in International Cricket, aint it? Though I am not an ardent fan of Tendulkar, I make no bones in accepting that, had I been in his shoes, I would have retired/been forced to retire long time back. This man handles pressure like only he can. Sometimes, I wonder whether he has a Television back home, does he watch any at all? And what about Newspapers? Mustn’t be reading that as well! Would make for a perfect Brand Ambassador for Fevicol.

How he manages it, beyond me again!

Anyways, waiting for the 24th for more reasons than one…no more college for some time, first World Cup semifinal and….Tendulkar’s birthday!!!

Beyond me that I am not already excited!

No comments: