Saturday, April 21, 2007

"Why did you go?"

There were two close friends. Really close. And then, suddenly, one of 'em decided to walk out of the friendship. No tangible reason given, no questions asked, just like that...whooosh.

The other friend did not not know what hit him.
Had many questions unanswered.

This is when he wrote a letter to that friend.
Here is what he wrote,

"I feel that I came with an expiry date...as my expiry date came closer, u stopped using me as ur drug....I just became a ritual for u...u found another drug...

There may have been pain and grief in our friendship sometime, but I always thought, whatever is the case, we both have some things that are expected from each other, but unfortunately they will remain just that...Expectations...atleast for now, things may change over life...ending the friendship is never the solution...it is just an easy way out...Unfortunately, u din't think so...

Unfortunately, for me, if I made mistakes, they overshadowed the fact that there were many many occasions, and things that I expected from u as well, but never made a big show about 'em...unfortunately, our problems were always about what u expected n u didn't get, and rarely about what I expect from it... hurts me

as always...as I have always done, I allowed u to believe that I am always there...allowed u to believe that u can take me for granted....right from the Days of "our inception" and always thought that, I could trust u enuff with that freedom...lesson for me, doesnt work that way, never does.

my tears will dry, no worries there...but this hurt will remain...much much much deeper than any other, much deeper than what you think, trust me on that...

u will not realise my hurt, no, u have just seen the external hurt, the tears...but u havent realised how it feels to be me now, and I can assure u, u wont, till some thing like this happens to u...

God forbid such a thing happens to u, but if some thing even close happens, do lemme know, we can probably share our hurt...

For now, I wish you are happier with new people you found...Unfortunately, I am not. But I will soon be.
Life, will indeed go on.

Thank you for being there most of the time.

warm regards,
ur friend

P.S. Why did you go?"

The reply that the friend was waiting for, never came.
Nor did his friend. The friend was long gone.

Life went on for him. Unfortunately it was never the same.

NB: All characters in this Post are nothing but fictitious.

No comments: