Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Evening.

It is almost dark.

And dank. I sit in my verandah, looking like a bard pondering over his next composition. There is a cup of tea next to me. On a rustic looking table.

Emanating vapours from it, mix freely with some of the rain drops. The rest of them patter down the pane. I look up in the sky. Hours earlier, there were fluffy, white, candy-floss like clouds that had engulfed the sky. No more. Wonder where they left for.

Probably an unwanted make over for them as well.

The telephone rings. It was you. Surprise overcomes me. I continue staring at the phone for some time. Seconds pass by before I am jolted back into reality.

I click the green button.

"Hello." With lot of trepidation and butterflies. In the mind and stomach respectively.

"Oops...it is you. My mistake. Wanted to call someone else up. Sorry." You say.

"OK." Bubble bursts.

"Have a nice day." Click.

Sweet, clear voice you had. No frills or strings attached.

You still do. Wish I could compliment it.

It is still raining.

It is totally dark now.

No comments: