Friday, August 10, 2007

Here I go!

The last time, I got out of town, on my own (money, as well as alone), was long ago. Ages have elapsed. Tomorrow gives me one such opportunity. To get away from here.

As I always believe in, people change. Subtly over the period of time, but they do. For good, and some times, for not-so-good. I have changed, and I would like to dwell on the good section of the change. I have become a more not-so-reluctant traveller. In fact, I have started to relish and cherish the trips, and enjoy the actual process of commuting (out of Mumbai obviously!) much more. And credit given where it is due, this change was brought about by some of the close Mastek guys, who almost went upto the extent of threatening me about cancelling all the ICC organised cricket that year. Not that drastic, but something similar, and unprintable. You get the gist, right?

So, this time it is a new place. And from what I hear from a couple of people, it is an awesome place to visit, and very unlike Mumbai. Well, for argument sake, which city could be similar to Mumbai? The last I heard was that Shanghai was making full preparations to rename it to something else. They were very terrified after our respected Chief Minister decided to change Mumbai to Shanghai. Serious. Or am I imagining stuff?

Coming back, I am looking forward to the journey. The train journey, I mean. And the only reason for that is the food that's continuously served on it. I have already decided to fast. Twenty four hours before hand. Well, there are other reasons as well. One of them(and I just hope someone does not smash me to smithereens), is that one can befriend fellow passengers. Talk. Pass one's time, following someone else's interesting life. And if it is a good looking lady, much better. Now now, wait. Before I get mauled here, let me first talk about probabilities. I must have travelled in the same manner tons of times. Not once has it happened. Not frikking once? So, rest assured, History may end up repeating itself. Lightning would strike the same place twice, thrice and many more times.

And I would end up talking to a couple of guys, who work in some Movie Post-production firm in Mumbai, who would be going to the capital on a business meeting. And then, I would be royally regaled by their tales on how one of them spoke to Bipasha Basu in their office, when she was in a white starched shirt and black trousers, and not a trace of make up on her face. And that only accentuated the fact that she was really going through a rough time with John Abraham. Yeah, you guessed it right, it happened the last time I travelled.

How very interesting. Very very. Ain't it?

Anyways, so that is one, the other is the return journey. Nothing much different, except that the train name changes from Rajdhaani to a certain Garib Rath. And just as the name suggests, takes the same time to reach Mumbai as the former, at less than half it's price. Hence, it is Poorly branded as Garib Rath. As if calling the poor as poor wasn't bad enough, now you call the not-so-poors' train as one Garib Rath as well. But, if we leave aside the Marketing aspect of the whole thing, and get into the Financials, I wonder what sustains it? And as far as I know, there is hardly any difference in the volume of the passengers that use the two aforesaid mentioned trains. So, how does Mr. Laloo Prasad make up for the fare slash?

Now, since I have covered both the journies, one would naturally expect me to talk about what the plans there are? Well, for that, I would need to put 'em here after the same is done. After the plans are made. Till then, I would try to keep updating the blog whenever I can, and whenever I get the opportunity to do so, from Delhi/Chandigarh.

That's it for now, for some time as well, I guess. Hope to write soon.

P.S. Yet to get my tickets printed. So, if I do write here tomorrow again, you would be right in guessing that I missed my train. You would also be right in guessing that it's my ghost writing, because by then, I would have been shot dead by someone.

No comments: