Wednesday, August 29, 2007

M + Ba --> MBA Degree + Gas (lots of it)

They say that MBA is gas. Agreed. No doubt.

Today, I experienced something else. Not only was the intrinsic value of the previous statement reaffirmed, but, I also realised that there was a wholesome attempt made, to teach us how to gas as well.

How to fill in 50 Power Point slides when the material would last only 5.

How to conjure up a 100 page document when the content could be explained in only 18.

Unfortunately, I cannot show off too much of my guts here, and so would give a parallel analogy instead.

Question: If you want to shop for a shirt, what would you do?

Ideal, non gassy, non faffy reply: I would look at my size, get to a shirt retail outlet, choose the colour that I like, try on some of the shirts, and continue this process till I like one.

More than ideal, MBA like, gassy, faffy, chaffy, ready-to-confuse reply: I would get up in the morning. Yawn. Sleep back because it is still only 9 a.m. Wake up at 10. Switch on the Television to check out the stock market on CNBC TV 18. Realise that the market's not doing well. Will utter a quick prayer and ensure that the market goes up. This will ensure that I make some money. Would wait till the market condition improves, and I make some profits. Will then withdraw those profits from the near by ICICI ATM. If I do not get an ICICI ATM, I will make a contingency plan and get to another ATM and withdraw the profits made.

Once I have the money on me, I will get back home to have food. This food wont be bought from the money I just withdrew. This would be made by mum. I like home food. just awesome. Yeah, and then I would decide that I am too sleepy to shop, obviously with such heavy food. I will sleep. Wake up in the evening and decide to go shopping next day for my shirt. No wait, I have a change of heart. I would go today because a friend has decided to accompany me. She wants to buy a set of ear rings from the Linking Road Market and I could help her with my bargaining skills. Get her the ear rings for eight bucks instead of 10. We get to the first guy. He does not sell ear rings, he sells hair bands. She buys the hair bands. Then it is the turn of the spaghetti tops. Then to the McDonald's nearby where we gobble up a couple of burgers. We finish off her "ear rings" shopping. Then I decide to call it day, because I am tired. I will anwer the question you asked, next time.

Got the gist? Could have easily taken another couple of thousand words to answer the question but decided to condense it. In turn I also taught you how to show that you are an MBA graduate.

No doubt the papers these days say that the education sector has a great scope in India.

No comments: