Friday, May 18, 2007

The 7.32 p.m. local called Juhu Beach!

I was just uploading some of the photos from my digi-cam. The last set of them consisted of that of the Spiderman day(yeah, the same day when that fiasco occurred!). We had gone to Juhu Beach after that, or rather, let me reframe that. We tried to enter Juhu Beach, and we found it next to impossible to do so. Traffic you see. Traffic of Human Beings all round. Tons and tons of them. It seemed like the whole of the human race had descended on Juhu Beach that day to welcome us. Or at least the whole of Mumbai had. The scene was so reminiscent of the scene we come across in Mumbai Locals. Every step one took was an effort and a pain. Naah, not to self, to the person whom you invariably stamped your foot on!

We did manage to get in. Afterall years of practicing travel in the trains had to help! Unfortunately, my Cargos were new. And there were two funny looking straps that hung outta them.(Reminded me of a famous line, from an equally famous movie, "Gogojee, aapka Ghaagra!"), and so we had to hurry things before I got spanked for dirtying the new set. But, not before, we had our share of Paani Puri, Ragda pattice, Kulfi Falooda(this one was NICE!!!), Kaala Khatta Gola and the Pink Coloured Floss Candy(that was for NP, and so reminded me of Malavika!!!). One last thing that we all wanted was the Soap Bubble Water Blower Pipe...phew...(what else do you call that in Hindi?!). And this is what the scene looked like...



There were an incident involving a couple of monkeys as well, but I will spare the details for some other time. Needless to say, it also involved my two companions for the evening!
The feeling I got then was, that I was 9 again. Probably even younger. Those 15-20 minutes were really well spent, and more so, a God sent.

I am still licking my lips over the Malai Kulfi Falooda though!

No comments: