Friday, May 25, 2007

Wishes for the Weekend

So the last day of the week is here. Well, let me rephrase that. The last day of the working week is here. And this week end, loads of things to look forward to.

The India-Bangladesh match is one for sure. Hopefully, it would not be dull and drab. Hopefully, Tendulkar would realise that playing entertaining cicket like he used to, at one stage of his carrer would help. Help peple like me, who need some entertainment in Life. At least in cricket! Hopefully, Zaheer would know that he needs something nice to be shown in the extreme right hand side of his bowling analysis. Hopefully, Ishant Sharma would impress.

I must admit here, I am very impressed by Karthick's batting. I was not a great fan of his, but I have begun to marvel his positive attitude and stubbornness to stick it out there, especially when he has had his share of critics. Especially, when he is not a natural talent with the bat. Hats off to the man. Hope he proves me wrong in the ODIs as well. I am definitely a convert.

Then, I need to buy some books. Robert Ludlum is the latest author I have laid my hands on (al rite, it is not as gory as you think, I mean, his book). I would simply say that I need to read another couple of them before I decide on my perception about his writings. The Bancroft Strategy that I read was pretty al rite, but a bit too long for comfort. And unfortunately, it gave me the feeling, that there was no need for it to be that long. Almost dragged it.

The second thought that comes to my mind after the suspense gets revealed is that Ludlum actually decided on his dozen characters first. Then he decided on what role each would play, at the macro level. Then he decided who the least likely suspect was. Name him A. Ludlum then decided the role for A. Decided the character for A. And somehow tried to fit the story around the role for A.
So, all in all a decent read, the "suspense-guy/gal" turns out to be a shocker, a more "present" sort of book with all the technology and gadgets used(at least in comparison with a Sidney Sheldon, John Grisham and Jeffrey Archer). On the flip side, way too long, the plot is too convoluted, and as explained above, the mystery-man is chosen for the sake of it.

Will get some more Ludlums this week end, which should see me through to the month end.

That gets me to the other plans for the weekend. Catch up with some of the College or Mastek guys. Hopefully go Bowling. Been a long, long time since that happened, and I really wish we do. Not that I am a Roger Federer of bowling, it just relaxes me a lot. And it sure is fun, especially when you got 6-10 people with you. Sounds a lot of fun. Is a lot of fun! Now, only hope that the planning will be followed by a nice little execution.

Most importantly, I need to catch up on sleep, which I have been woefully short of. And that, when I have barely anything to do. It is a different story daily. Sometime, it an old friend online, sometime it is a gripping book, some other time, it’s Blogging, Scrabble or “Orkut”ing…(Got bloody addicted to Orkut in the last few days), where as, on other occasions it is just that I am too bored to sleep. Think that I would be wasting my time sleeping so early, and so, I end up wasting my time awake instead.

Random Wish of the day: Suddenly got this strong urge to play Monopoly. Been a long, long time, since I did that. Last I remember was, in the first year of Engineering.

Anyone game?

No comments: