Sunday, May 13, 2007

Will I be able to do a 'Vivek'?

I read a Vivek Oberoi interview today, where he was asked something to the effect of "Do you still remember Aish?"

He replied, "Relationships come with an expiry date, love doesn't"

Profound, ain't it? But, the question here is, can you still love someone (who's a someone close), who's walked out of ur life like the way it petered out in the above case? Or was it the case of saying something that was supposed to create some sensation and evoke a little sympathy?

I wonder how would I have reacted. The immediate reaction is that of sadness. Shock. Questions. And then Anger. In exactly that order.

When the Anger would cool down, it would be Rationale. But, would I be able to still love the person. Would I be able to love the person again? Very very doubtful.

Is it ego? Naaah, don't think so. Is it retribution? Not me.

Then?

I think it is simple plain Logic. It is the total breakdown of Trust. A trust that was built over the period of time. Almost to the extent of Blindness. And then this happens. What's the guarantee that the same would not get repeated with the same person.

Forgive I could. Forget I wouldn't.
Remember I would. Love her again, difficult.

No, I will be true here, I would never be able to love the person again. Too much to expect from me. Not a thing for lesser mortals like me.

In this day and age, it is difficult to find love that comes without an "Expiry Date". And if Vivek really means what he just said, I doff my Hat to him.

No comments: