Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Please wake me up at 7.00 am tomorrow. I am too lazy to wake up. Please.

Sometimes I think. Only Sometimes. Rest of the time, I am too lazy to do so. Thoughts try to push me down by their sheer gravity. Like the Gravity did to Newton’s apple. I do not react. Because I am too lethargic. I am too bored to think how to react to the thoughts.

I sat next to this beautiful looking girl in the bus. Does not happen all the time. She had a hundred rupee note, and the BEST conductor, unsurprisingly did not have any change to return. Wonder where all their change goes? Think there’s a black hole in their “purse”. (There, I “thought” again. Thanks to the Conductor.) Anyways. I was talking about the girl without the change. I had about 25 ten-ners in my wallet. Could have easily given her the change. In fact, one look at her, and one would end up buying her a ticket for free. Probably even buying her two. Or dinner. I did not do any of the aforesaid things. Neither did I offer her any change. Was too lazy to dig into my pockets, get the wallet out, fish out for some change, and exchange. Too much pain. Was too bored. Looked out of the window at the Mumbai Roads instead.

That’s why I do not even want to be Spiderman. Changing into that Blue and Red Uniform every time is the most boring thing. That’s why I even hate Changing Rooms in Shopping Malls. Makes people want to try new clothes all the time. And then, such jumping around. Fighting all those bad guys. Killing them. What effort, what pain. And to top it all, I may just have to clean up the messy cobwebs that I would be leaving behind while hanging from them. Wonder whether Spidey would be cleaning up his belongings? Else, city would be in mess, ain’t it? Too lazy to be doing that as well.

Picture this. I go about shooting my web everywhere. Catch the bad guy. Hand him over to the Police. And I am asked to cough up a fine because some old monument gets a "handful" of my web. Or worse, asks me to clean up the city. Naah, too bored.

Probably it is Inertia. Newton’s First Law of Motion that most of us learnt in High School. It goes like this. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it. Or in a state of rest! Just want to prove to my 8th grade professor that she was right when she spoke about this Law. She was also right in saying that everything needs to be proved. That’s what I am trying to do.

That unfortunately means that people practice Newton’s Third Law of Motion with me, which says, For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Loads of similar, equal reactions. Too lazy to react to my presence. It goes into a loop. Both, me and them. Both practice the third law. Yawwnnnnn. Vehemently.

It’s already 9.30 p.m. Too late in the night to continue. Too lazy to continue. Please wake me up in the morning. Don't want to miss office.

No comments: