Friday, June 01, 2007

Rain rain, go Away...Bloody it is just May!

A report on the first page of one the leading newspaper said, “Showers hit Mumbai, some rail services affected”. Or something to that effect.

I groan. Rail services affected??? With this much rain? It’s just the first of June. And it was less water that came down, than what I use to bathe daily. And that affected something as important as the Mumbai Train services? Bloody Delicate Darlings. I don’t catch cold that easily man.

I shudder to think of the heavy rains that Mumbai has witnessed over the last two years. Pardon me for being cynical, so does that mean that everything would get affected. Buses, Trains, Cabs etc. And what about those three wheelers called Ferraris (better known as auto rickshaws)? Wouldn’t at least them, be left for the rescue act?

What about sea services? Heard about a new sea route coming up here for commuting? Surely rains would not affect water. Or is the Mumbai rain bad enough to screw them up as well. Someone tells me that water services shut down first. Huh? Water affects water services? Criminal. Unfair.

What about hiring one’s own hovercraft. Or a jumbo jet. Don’t tell me that the rains falling on the wind shield of the jet, would prevent the driver (???) from proper viewing. Wonder why do they have a wind shield? Why not have a rain shield instead.

So, we are left with only one option.

Swim. Swim to and from my college. I hear that the Government has done a good soul searching and cleansing job. And in turn a good, drainage cleansing job. Swimming may not be that bad then.

Why, why does it still not motivate me to learn to swim, is beyond me.

I groan again. I hope I do not get a job in Mumbai. 26 years is a long enough time to face the Mumbai rains.

I just hope that my evening plans do not get screwed because of the rains. Else, it’s going to be a long, long day.

P.S. This is my 50th posted article on this blog, and I cannot even raise my bat to the pavillion because it's raining so hard!

P.P.S. On a more serious note, I would like thank everyone (wellwishers and critics alike) who has been directly or indirectly instrumental in encouraging me to continue writing.

No comments: