Friday, June 15, 2007

The Telephone call that changed my life

I slept at 3 last night. For some reason I was restless, and took me all of 1 Valium and a warm glass of Brandy to push me to bed.

Unfortunately, I realise the effects of Valium today. Someone looking at me would think I have just returned from China. So weary and small, my eyes look. Almost like a hangover from last night.

Anyways, I was on my way to office today. The clock had just ticked to 9 a.m.
I hear the familiar ring of my cell phone(yeah, the Airtel guys finally answered my pleas).

Deepshikha calling.

Surprising, this is normally her wake up time. Alrite, not quite, but way too early for her to be calling me up. I take her call.

We exchange pleasantries. Try so hard to think of a joke.

The Valium just does not allow me.

Then she drops the bombshell.

"Let's watch 'Shivaji - The Boss'", she says.

Suddenly, I am wide awake. Valium's lost it's charm. So has the brandy.
The objective that coffee could not achieve has been done by that one statement of Deepshikha. At least for now.

I rub my eyes. More so my ears.

I am silent for a full 30 seconds.

"You there? Did you hear me?"
"Yeah"
"So, try finding out about the tickets, and their availability."
"Huh?"
"Why are your conversational skills as extinct as a Dodo today?"

Finally, I groan.

I reply, "You want us to watch Shivaji???". Me, Nyasa, Abhishek and Almighty knows who all.

"Yeah, and I thought, you would jump at the offer."

Right now, I feel like jumping out of my vehicle.

"So, anyways, get to office, and find out about the same. We will go for tomorow's morning show. Try finding out about the movie dubbed in Telegu."

Telegu. Tamil. Kannada. Oriya. How does it matter to me?

She continues, "You know, Rajnikant got paid 50 crores for the movie."

I correct her, "It's 37."

Jeetu had told that to me over lunch yesterday. So had Vishwa. Feels so good to have friends like them, who talk about how much Rajni got paid for this movie. And about other movies.

"Yeah, whatever, just find out about the darned tickets."

Darned? So, now it is darned?

I say ok.

The phone goes dead. I stare at it for a full minute now.

Then I wonder. Life's come down to this.

I am going to watch 'Shivaji, The Boss'. In Tamil. Preferably in Telegu.

I call up my dad. Timings and all need to be known.

The conversation with Dad leaves him mildly amused as well.
That, would be an understatement for me.

I try to visualise myself watching the movie.

I wonder if the cinema hall guys could provide me a table lamp.

I like reading.

Especially in movie halls.

No comments: