Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Best Friend!

I never believed in the concept of having a “Best Friend”. That was best suited for Shah Rukh and Kajol in Kuchh Kuchh Hota Hai or Julia Roberts and Dermot Mulroney in My Best Friend’s Wedding. I never believed in it. For me it was (is) always a set of close friends, and another set of just – friends (not the ‘just friends’ of the Page 3 fame!).

Till recently that is.

Recently I realized something very unique. And I was not even thinking on those lines. It just stuck me like lightening striking the deserts of Rajasthan. I did have a “Best Friend”. A friend, with whom I could talk, behave, ridicule, criticize, quarrel, patch up, joke and a lot of such other verbs, as I wanted to, without any second thoughts. And believe you me, if someone starts to accept my jokes without any issues, then, apart from been very patient, the person would also need to be a Buddha. And I hadn’t realized this all this while.

She was that friend that has been my closest ever, and now as see it, the best ever friend that I have got. Ever got. And I didn’t even realize it before I saw myself getting that halo on my head.

Times really pass by, in Schumacher-like manner, when I am with her.\nAnd I have no qualms in accepting that I never understood this earlier. Took me some time, took me some effort, but am wiser nonetheless. Really wish to be with her sooner than later.

As she always says, wishes…wishes!

1 comment:

Peeya said...

Wishes...Wishes...Wishes!!!!Miss you sooo much!!!