Thursday, July 19, 2007

Hair Cut...!

A couple of days ago, I entered home. After a visit to the saloon.

Mum had opened the door for me. She looks at me enquiringly. My expressions are deadpan as ever. Then she looks at my hair. Evidently, she does not find what she's looking for. I wonder what.

Then she tries to look over me. Over my head. Again, she does not find what she's looking for. Again she looks at me enquiringly. I look back at her, equally enquiringly. We stare at each other for a full 20 seconds. Battle lines drawn. Like who gives in first.

Then she asks, "Hair cut?"

"Yeah"

"From where?"

"Saloon."

Exasperated she says, "Obviously. Which portion of your hair were snipped, if at all?"

Ok, so that was it. I should have guessed. She does not believe that I had actually had a hair cut. And now she expects me to point out which portion of my hair did I get rid of. If at all, as she says.

All the money down the drain, she would be thinking.

On the contrary, I would love to repeat Andaz Apna Apna's line, "Baal kataaye aur maloom bhi na padey." (had a hair cut, and no-one knows as well!)

I had also got a shave. From that very saloon. That very day. Don't understand how she didnt notice that.

Sometimes, I feel like getting myelf photographed before getting to a saloon and then doing likewise afterwards. And then pointing out the difference.

If at all.

No comments: