Friday, July 20, 2007

The Journey I took recently

I did something that I had not done for a long long time. Read some of my old mails, one year old mails. NMIMS obviously dominated most of them, but re-reading them was an awesome exercise. And I use that word 'exercise', because my mind jogged back to days which I seem to have forgotten. And it was an amazing reminder of how things were so different and still are so same.

Quite frankly, I did not remember writing some of the things I had written. Not saying that for the sake of it, I mean every word of it. I actually wondered how and why could I think of some of the things I wrote. Some funny, others not quite! No, not for a monet am I saying that I should not have, but, at the expense of getting a tad too repetitive, I was amazed.

How I begun was another story, but to cut it short, I was searching for a particular e-mail which I had sent an year back. With gmail, it is really easy to do that, but I somehow got enchanted by a forward that a friend had sent me, and then, I started reading every second mail around that time.

It was a roller coaster ride. It was a journey back into time. Generally, I aint a great traveller, but this was different. It was like a person called me, watching someone else's life petering out in those mails. Someone else called me as well. I was watching myself in those mails, I was criticizing myself, I was applauding myself, egging myelf on, more importantly, I was just observing myself. And I enjoyed it.

It was a journey well taken. A journey I would most likely want to repeat.

No comments: