Monday, July 02, 2007

The day today, first in IInd year

The first day of college went pretty unnoticed till about the time I reached home. Except for the commotion and chaos regarding our time tables. This is one thing that elicits the same amount of anticipation as it did when I was in school. Getting to know one's time table. Especially, when we all are equally excited about knowing the day we get an off from college. Anyways, did not get the final one today, and should not expect it till before the 9th, when the things get settled.

We did have one lecture today, on Retail Management, a three hour long marathon on....
nothing. Alrite, it was an introductory class, so it was bound to be on nothing, and marathon because it lasted for three hours more than I am used to. I will reserve my judgement about the professor till about couple of classes get done, but I would not hesitate to say that it was not boring. The professor played to the gallery many times, and had a certain conviction about him that seemed refreshing.

Post class, and post a longish trip to the library, managed to convince DS for lunch at sitting Rasraj. I seriously do not understand what is it with having to convince people into having lunch there, once in a while. But, it is a great test of one's Marketing skills. Marketing a product that is not even yours, and doing it successfully is an art, and I was successful today! It is a different matter, that, some bird on my shoulder tells me that, this is not going to get repeated again for a long long time!

Then came the set of two GOOD news. The seven thousand bucks bonanza and the cricket article website. More on both of them as the things peter out, because, the same is not sure as yet. But all in all, a good beginning!

The signs are good...

No comments: