Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Surprise of the Week! Probably the month! Or the year!

Now now. What do we have here?

I am stting peacefully in my classroom. Someone's on with Market Research and why should MacDonald's stop doling out free toys to kids and go for CDs instead. Our point of view has barely been heard.

I make a point on why the location is so important while deciding whether the kids should be given toys or CDs or the burger. Or some such crap.

Suddenly the phone vibrates. Friend calling.

Shhhh....it's been almost a month since you called, and now you call me when I am having an intellectually stimulating discussion about MacDonald's and it's strategy to sell toys to kids.

Or was it burgers? Anyways, more importantly, you call when I am in the class. Can't receive your call buddy. And that means, I would need to spend money on calling you back. Damn.

(Yeah, I can hear those catcalls behind on how 'cheap is that')!

I cut the call before my neighbour thinks it's an earthquake causing the vibrations.

I sms back. "In the class, what happened?"

She replies back. "Nothing much. Just that I am gettin engaged."

Yeah, and pigs will fly. And I am Tom Cruise. And MacDonalds started to give free DVD players instead of toys in their Happy Meals.

I reply back. "Huh?"

July fool's day.

No reply.

I wait.

No reply.

Could pigs actually fly? I wonder.

Finally when the MacDonald's discussion is nearing the beginning of it's end, I sms back again.

"You mean, you are trying to tell me, you getting engaged to a two legged, chalta-firta (walking-talking) GUY?"

"Lol, yeah I am. To a guy. This weekend."

Ab tak toh theek thi. Ab kya hua isko.

No. I pinch myself. Hard. The MacDonalds discussion is in it's final stages. So far, the professor has tried to replace the toy with evey plausible object you can think of.

I can only think of the engagement. She is getting engaged???

I sms back. "You sure?"

No reply.

Lecture's still fifteen minutes away from it's closure.

I need to call her up. Now. Immediately.

No result to the MacDonald's discussion. Professor's stuck to her point. The rest of the class disagree. MacDonalds itself seems oblivious. So do I.

The lecture ends. I call her up.

"You seriously getting engaged?"

"No kidding!"

"Like this week?"

"Yeah!"

"I dont believe you."

"Even I do not!!!"

The rest of the conversation is a blur.

I am still lost over lunch. Could it be possible.

This was Tuesday. Today is Friday.

She got engaged today. Seriously she did!

Congratulations buddy!!! Now, I can say that without any doubts!!!

Awesome.....just too awesome!!! Seriously....!!!

Celebrated by having a McChicken Burger at MacDonald.

Arrghhhh...that MacDonald's again.

No comments: