Saturday, July 07, 2007

Why?

I am dazed now. Amazed as well.

This has been that kind of a week. Fluctuating between huge extremes.

And today was no different. Someone in college said something about me, which totally took me by surprise, in a very pleasant way, and very frankly, came from a person I least expected it to come from. It was the high point of my day. In fact, if I discount my friend's engagement, it was the highest personal point of the last one month or so. Seriously. Three months back, I would not have ever imagined something like this. This exact moment I was flying in the sky.

And now this. The lowest point. Of a long time. Come thudding back to the ground. And again, from someone I least expected it. Frankly, I do not sympathise with myself on this one. Just that I have never experienced some thing like this before. Just that the true gamut of emotions and feelings that I go through now, and probably, due to the events leading up to this, are inexpressible. They are too pent up. And probably, they would never come out.

Feel like a kid who's been given a toffee for no plausible reason, and just when he's wondering why, he's been slapped hard across his cheek. Again, no plausible reason.

Something else happened as well after all this. Sometime after all this, I was sitting in my room, staring at the screen when mum entered the room. I pretended to do something on my laptop. She kissed me on my forehead, and said, everything would be alrite.

Huh? What and how did she guess?

No comments: