Sunday, July 22, 2007

Stubborness? Will Power?

Someone recently asked me whether I think I am stubborn. Hmmm...made me think.

In the face of it, I am. There are occassions back home, when I refuse to do things, just because I said I am stubborn. Stubborn to change, stubborn to accept change. Outside the realms of home, however, I think I am slightly different. I would like to say that I am not that stubborn. Or at least, I try my level best not to be. And that is attributed to one truth.

I do not think stubborness is such a good thing.

So much for me, talking about stubborness, I think we make the cardinal error of equating stubborness with strong will power and that for me, is totally out of place. Strong will power and Stubborness are two sides of the same coin, emanate from the genes, but, do not necessarily mean the same. One has a hugely negative conotation attached to it, the other gets you out of trouble each time you seem to down and out. Stubborness, more often than not, puts you in that same trouble. Food for thought?

And let me clarify, not for a minute, do I claim to have a strong will power, just that I am a bit stubborn when I am pushed to a corner.

No comments: